Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Samoan class

So this blog is going to be about my first thoughts of Samoan class. The very first time I walked in Samoan class was freshman orientation. Which means everyone I meet in class today are all freshman. There was a couple people I recognized. Two people from the class I had before, and a couple people I went to school with before I reached high school. It was comforting to know that I knew people in the class. Our teacher that day was Ms. Denise Ah Sue. She wasn't our permanent teacher she teaches a higher level of Samoan, but she was filling in till I real teacher could come to class. My first thought was this class would be hard because I am Hawaiian not Samoan. I also thought the teacher would be strict like how I heard teachers are back in Samoa. I was so wrong!!! I realized that Ms. Ah Sue is somewhat of a joker and she likes to make people laugh. I also realized farther down the line that the work for Samoan class wouldn't be as hard as I thought, because my teacher recognized that most of us are beginners of Samoan language and culture. I didn't expect an easy A I knew I had to work for it, and that is what I did for Samoan class. Worked to keep up my grade and build a positive reputation in my class.

No comments:

Post a Comment