Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Last blog on Samoan Class 1A/1B

This is my last post on Samoan class 1A/1B. I hope to keep blogging and that I be able to go into Samoan 2A/2B. My last blog on Samoan is going to be a letter to my Samoan teacher Ms. Uta'i. So here it goes...

Dear Ms. Uta'i,
I want to start this letter by saying thank you for everything. I wanted to thank you for teaching me everything you have taught me, and creating somewhat of a second family for me at class. I am greatful for meeting you and everyone else in Samoan class. You have done many things for me and everyone in Samoan class, and I truly know that you care about all your students.
You have taught me things that I should have learned when I was young. You taught me about respect, and when/where is the right time to do certain things and when it is not the right time. You taught me about family and how it should be like, and how to behave around elders. You made me realize that I need to open my eyes, and that everyone has their struggles. I learned that their are many people I can turn to, and you are one of them.Ms. Uta'i, you taught me all of that but you also did your job.
I am known as a girl who is supposedly Samoan. Many people know I am not, but you taught me a lot os things about Samoan. I learned how to speak in Samoan a little bit, but I also learned how close Samoan and Hawaiian can be. I learned that even though I take a lot of pride in my Hawaiian culture it doesn't hurt to learn about other cultures. I know that at times I can be quite and shy but I finally found a place where I can be my true self. This class, Samoan class, is my home and I am really sad that my time in this class is coming to and end. Hopefully I can still be in touch with everyone in Samoan class.
This is everything I gained from being in Samoan class. This is a short summary of everything I'm thankful for in Samoan class. Most of all I a, thankful for my teacher Ms. Uta'i.

Sincerely,
Kamalani Kaumaea

No comments:

Post a Comment